26 January, 2015
Posted in : Curry, Slimming World on by : Pete
Adapted from the Hairy Biker's Recipe to make even more healthy
Servings 4 People
- 6 long green chillies
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Squirt FryLite
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp Sweetener
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 200 ml Cold Water
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 medium onion cut into Wedges
- 1 green pepper deseeded and cut into rough 3cm chunks
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- Finely chop 4 of the chillies – deseed a couple or all of them first if you don’t like very spicy food. Split the other 2 chillies from stalk to tip on 1 side without opening or removing the seeds.
- Cut each chicken breast into 7 or 8 bite-sized chunks.
- Heat a fairly deep, non-stick frying pan (or wok) over a high heat with a squirt of FryLite. Add the garlic, chopped chillies, chopped tomatoes, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, sugar and salt, then stir-fry for 3–4 minutes until the vegetables soften. Don’t let the garlic or spices burn or they will add a bitter flavour to the sauce.
- Next, add the chicken pieces and whole chillies and cook for 3 minutes, turning the chicken regularly.
- Pour over the 200ml of water, stir in the yoghurt and reduce the heat only slightly – you want the sauce to simmer. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the sauce has reduced by about a third. (The yoghurt may separate to begin with but will disappear into the sauce.)
- 6 While the chicken is cooking, heat a clean pan and stir-fry the onion and pepper with a little FryLite over a high heat for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned. Add the quartered tomatoes and fry for 2–3 minutes more, stirring until the vegetables are just tender.
- 7 Mix the cornflour with the tablespoon of water to form a smooth paste. When the chicken is cooked, stir in the cornflour mixture and simmer for a few seconds until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- 8 Remove from the heat, add the hot stir-fried vegetables and toss together lightly. Serve immediately. And just in case you were wondering – don’t eat the whole chillies!