1 April, 2015
Posted in : Uncategorised on by : Pete
These idea for these syn-free onion rings came from Laura Anderson on Facebook and they're a lovely crispy addition to a nice steak.
Servings 4 people
- 1 Large Onion Sliced thickly
- 1 pkt Cheese & onion flavour instant mash
- 2 eggs beaten
- squirt Frylite
- Gather your ingredients together and pre-heat the oven to about Gas 5 or 6. Beat the egg in a bowl and tip the mash powder into a separate bowl. Cut the onion into thick rings.
- Dip the onion rings into the egg to coat and then drop into the mash powder, ensure they are fully coated in the powder. Carefully transfer them to a baking tray. Spray with a few squirts of frylite then bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden and crispy
- Serve promptly, ideally with a nice juicy steak