5 February, 2015
Comments : 7 Posted in : Uncategorised on by : Pete
We've always adored cauliflower (or Broccoli) in a cheese sauce but slimming world does not allow for our usual recipe so here's one I've put together that gets a similar result. It's not the creamy, buttery sauce I was used to but at only 2 syns per serving, it'll do nicely
Servings 6 people
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 100 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g Quark
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard heaped
- 50 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 Spring Onions Chopped diagonally
- Split the cauliflower into florets and wash. Also save some of the small inner leaves to use too.
- Blanche the florets and the leaves in a pan of boiling water until tender then drain well and arrange in an overproof dish, tucking the leaves between the florets.
- Add the quark, mustard, milk, stock pot and seasoning to a pan and slowly bring to a simmer. Adjust the seasoning then stir in the cornflour mixed in a little cold water to thicken the sauce.
- Pour over the cauliflower, sprinkle with chopped spring onions and Parmesan cheese and then bake for about half an hour on gas mark 5 until cooked through and starting to brown. For a better result, I sprayed with frylite when baked and finished under the grill for 5 minutes